Garlic is a Fundamental component in many prepared meals/dishes in many countries. This plays an important roll in our modern food preparation with good nutritional properties.
Granny’s Garlic provides some Versatile Ideas For Garlic dishes as well as some really delicious Garlic Condiments.
Uses Of Garlic
Here are a few ways you can use garlic to give flavour to your food and salads.
You need to keep these facts in mind when use garlic in your food:
- The phytochemicals in garlic give it it’s phenominal sharp flavour when the cells are broken by chopping, chewing or crushing and are responsible for the sharp or hot taste and the strong smell.
- Garlic Nutrient compounds have by far the highest concentration and course a chemical reaction with some ingredients we used in food preparing.
- Garlic is a popular and healthy ingredient in many dishes in various regions.
Here Are Some Uses Of Garlic For Flavoursome Meals
- Oils can be flavoured with garlic cloves or chopped garlic in various meal dishes. These infused oils are used to season all categories of vegetables, meats, bread and pasta.
- Garlic along with the fish sauce, chopped fresh chillies, lime juice, sugar and water, is a basic essential item in dipping fish sauce, a universally used dipping sauce in some countries. In most of Asia, garlic and chillies oils is a popular dipping sauce. Especially for meat and seafood. Across North America and Asia, the Vietnam chilli garlic sauce is a highly popular dip sauce.
- Garlic and Mayonnaise, chopped herbs, freshly ground black pepper, is a basic sauce for spreading on, sandwiches, meats, fish and pasta salads.
- Garlic Butter Spread can be used in a variety of classic dishes, garlic bread and roasts. Different cooking methods bring varies flavours and intensity and aroma out. Often it is prepared with onion, tomato, ginger and herbs.
- Chopped Garlic is often used in stir-frying, stews, meat and poultry and braised like asparagus and wild asparagus. Its particularly used for stuffing poultry, game or venison meat. Do not forget to use garlic in your soups and stews. This will complement the flavour.
- Garlic leaves are a popular vegetable, cleaned and cut, they are then used in a stir-fry with eggs, meat or vegetables. They make delicious green salads.
- Dried Flaked Garlic and powder Garlic are also popular in most countries. This type of garlic has a different taste from fresh garlic and be used as a substitute for fresh garlic.
- Garlic Marinade gives a lovely taste to marinade meat dishes, to a grill or to a braai, hamburger patties and fry together with onion for a sauce.
- Yoghurt and Garlic with a little salt are used as a common sauce or dipped sauce for snacking.
The Age Old Garlic
Garlic has permeated through almost every cultures food. You rarely find a culture that does not now use garlic in some of their dishes.
Besides adding great flavour, it gives you a lot of health benefits which have been noted for millennia.
Adding a health dose of garlic to your diet has benefits that should not be ignored.
Your Opinion Of Garlic
We would love to hear your opinion on garlic. Any information, uses or recipes that you may have the uses garlic would also be welcome. Please leave them in the comments section below.