This simple vegetable blend of Carrots, Green Beans and Potatoes is seasoned with a delicious garlic and fresh herbs then roasted to perfection. It’s an excellent side dish that pairs well with just about anything.
All Year Around Vegetables
The Roasted Vegetables are perfect for any season too because you can usually always find good quality green beans, carrots and potatoes any time throughout the year.
Roasted Vegetables taste different from raw vegetables and is the best way to convert a vegetable hater. Raw carrots or green beans and roasted carrots or green beans are nearly two different vegetables in my mind because the roasting taste so much different.
This blend in with a deliciously seasoned with fresh garlic and fresh herbs and after roasting they end with a perfect texture.
What Should I Serve With Garlic Herbs Roasted Carrots Green Beans And Potatoes?
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Roast Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Granny’s Garlic Marinated Chicken
- Grilled Fish with Granny’s Garlic Mustard Sauce
Tips For Roasted Vegetables
- Cut each type of veggies separate and about the same size so that they can roast evenly.
- Sprinkle Olive oil on the veggies so they don’t dry up.
- Seasoning: Vegetables really benefit from a light seasoning, fresh herbs, spices, Garlic, shallots, onions are all great choices. (salt optional)
- Vegetables various in roasting time. That is why you wait to add green beans because they don’t need as much time as carrots and potatoes.
- Use a fairly high heat when roasting vegetables to they can brown and get a little colour. Also roasting vegetables have a sweeter taste for the sweet teeth.
Nutritional Facts per Serving
- 1kg baby potatoes (washed)
- 500g green beans (ends trimmed off)
- 500g medium carrots (scrubbed clean, cut into thick strips)
- 1 Tsp minced fresh Thyme
- 1 Tsp minced fresh Rosemary
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper for taste
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp minced fresh Garlic (+/- 4 cloves)
- Preheat oven to 280C degrees
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, carrots with 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, thyme, rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Spread onto a rimmed 30x30cm baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes.
- Toss green beans in bowl with remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and season lightly with salt. Add to baking sheet with other veggies, add garlic and toss everything and spread into an even layer. Return to oven and roast until all of the veggies are tender and slightly browned, about 20 minutes longer.
- Serve warm