These crazy delicious and surprisingly healthy Creamy Garlic with Mushrooms and Bacon are the Ultimate side dish, lunch or dinner. This is a sautéed mushroom recipe that everyone raves about!
Garlic mushrooms cooked in a creamy butter sauce are absolutely spectacular or in bacon fat. Whatever you decided, you will love this huge step up to regular creamy garlic with mushrooms and bacon. Vegans can prepare this recipe without Bacon.
If you find that the sauce is to thick or to thin, here is a tip:
- Rather than using cream, we can use cashew butter mixed of coconut butter mixed with a little water to make a healthy cream sauce that mimics the real thing so well that you’ll never know the difference.
I do not know about you but I am drawn to mushrooms, I enjoy the meaty texture, and I truly appreciate their ability to absorb all kinds of flavours. I used a bunch of different mushrooms but you can choose one like the button mushroom, small and quick to prepare the dish.
Are You A Mushroom Lover?
You can use different mushrooms in my recipes as I like seeing them mingle together. You can choose some big juicy mushrooms, long, or thin mushrooms, depending it that is available where you shop.
Why cannot you get enough of these creamy and delicious mushrooms and garlic dish?
- So easy to make especially for beginners
- Like garlic butter mushrooms only even better because they are swimming in a cream sauce
- A cream sauce that tastes like its loaded with whipping cream
- But its full of healthy cashew butter or coconut butter instead
- I love bacon in my mushroom dish but its optional
- Leftovers can be reheat
- Can also freeze leftovers
Garlicky Bacon and Creamy Mushrooms goes well with:
- Green beans
- Brussels Sprouts
- Add herbs or white wine to sauce
- Meat or poultry or venison or fish
- Potato Dish
- Many more
How Can You Clean Your Mushrooms?
Wipe: Wipe over each mushroom, one at a time, with a damp paper towel for soft pasty brush if needed to remove loose dirt and debris.
Lightly Rinse: Lightly rinse under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel.
AVOID: Avoid soaking them as they will absorb water like a sponge and wont brown during cooking.
You want the mushrooms to brown and crisp nicely before adding the cream sauce.
- 250g strips of bacon, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 750g mushrooms(cleaned)
- ½ cup stock/or white wine
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter/coconut butter or 400ml heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Minced freshly parsley, to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese/ Cheddar cheese
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Fry onions until golden brown. Add the mushrooms, drizzle with oil and mix through, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown mushrooms and release their juices (if any)
- Pour in the wine (or broth) and let reduce for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring. (Preheat broiler or oven grill.)
- Add in the garlic and stir it through for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream and herbs. Reduce heat down to low. Gently simmer until tender (about 4-5 minutes) and sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavours together. Top the mushrooms with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Boil until cheese is melted and bubbly and mushrooms are done to your liking (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve Hot