Avocados aswell as Garlic have a variety of Health Benefits, including improving digestion, decreasing the Irish of depression and Immune booster. Not only are they delicious, but they are also packed with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can help keep you Healthy.
Have you ever had pickled Avocado?
This idea sounds crazy, but seriously, this recipe is going to change your mind. If you have bought a few avocados, and need to figure out how to stop them from going bad, then a great way to preserve avocados is to pickle or freeze them. Maybe you love pickle foods then this avocado pickled recipe is going to delight you.
Avocado Pickles With Garlic Need Extra Firm Avocados
Avocado Pickles require firm and underripe avocados. The ones we eat are more tender, soft with counterparts and full of nutrients. But when it comes to picking, firm avocados are the best choice.
These are not the kind of pickles that are meant for long-term storage. These pickles take only a couple of hours to soak and are ready to eat. By then, you will notice that the firm avocado pieces have softened to take on a more tender texture and have soaked up just enough tangy brine to make them full of flavour.
How Can I Use Pickled Avocado and Garlic
When it comes to prepping with Pickled Avocado pieces, the way you cut them is totally up to you. Sometimes you might think about how you want to use them.
Long slices are perfect for eating out of hand or adding to:
You can eat these pickles from the fridge for up to 2 to 3 weeks, depending on how ripe the avocados were when you pickled them.Mariana
If you notice that the avocado pieces are super mushy, or started to complete disintegrate, it might be past its shelf life.
Swap out Sugar
The sweet component is critical for pickling, but you can replace the sugar with monk fruit granules, especially for people with diabetes.
You can add herbs like parsley, chillies or coriander to the jar to give an additional flavour boost, but it works great without any of that.
How To Make Pickled Avocado And Garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- red pepper flakes
- 2 firm avocados
- Garlic Cloves hole or sliced
- Mustard seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Caraway seeds
- Fresh Herbs
- Cinnimon sticks
- Black Pepper correls
- Place the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, peppercorns and any addittional flavouring ingredients in a medium sausepan. Bring to a boil, stirring accasionally to dissolve the sugar and salt. Remove the pan fro the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Put cleaned Garlic Gloves in the canning jars.
- Peel and pit the avocados, then cut into thin slices or cubes. Place them ontop of the garlic in the canning jars.
- Pour the cooled brining liquid into the jars, completely covering the avocado pieces, and seal tightly with a lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store Pickled Avocado and Garlic in the refregerator.
Nutritional Value of Avocado
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free and Vegan Recipe